The Grand Union Training Partnership is committed to safeguarding and implements safer recruitment practices.
All trainees will undergo pre-course checks:
Proof of identity
- DBS barred list
- Prohibition Check list
- Original qualifications checked: GCSEs; First degree certificate
- Disqualification under 2009 childcare regulations
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Fitness to train to teach
- For overseas students, that is, students who have spent more than six months abroad in the last ten years, we will seek data checks from the relevant countries.
- A minimum of two references will be undertaken with specific requests to a trainee's suitability to work with children.
Once on the course trainees will embark on an ongoing programme of child protection and safeguarding training. The GUTP will ensure you have access to relevant legislation and will ask for signed confirmation that the 'Keeping Children safe in Education' legislation has been read. Trainees must complete a Safeguarding in Education course, which provides a certificate with two years’ validity.
Trainees will also receive comprehensive safeguarding information on arrival at their placement school on child protection policies; school safeguarding polices; staff behaviour policies. Please also see the 'GUTP Policies' section and legislation area under the Publication page on this website.